NYSWYSA Technical Director Dean Foti will lead a series of seminars at various locations around the state addressing the college recruiting process. New York State has a wide variety of college options for anyone wishing to make playing soccer a part of their college experience. The choices run the entire spectrum and include numerous Junior Colleges (both Division I and Division III), NAIA universities and Division I, II and III colleges and universities. Come learn the basic nuts and bolts of the recruiting process as well as the nuances in how to go about selecting the college option that is best for you.
The seminars are open to everyone but are aimed primarily at boys and girls players in grades 8 through 11 and their parents. Youth coaches, high school seniors, school guidance counselors and player siblings are also encouraged to attend as well. Admission to the seminars is $10 per person. Topics to be covered include:
- How do athletics fit in to the big picture (Academics/Athletics)?
- College recruiting time lines – what should you be doing and when.
- Important factors to consider when choosing a college.
- Finding the college that’s right for you.
- How to make college coaches aware of whom you are.
- Creating a soccer bio/resume/video.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- NCAA recruiting rules/regulations and the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- What is a typical day for a college student-athlete?
Each seminar will conclude with a question and answer period. Every attempt will be made to assemble at each site a panel made up of some college coaches, college players and parents who have been through the recruiting process. They will make up a panel that will respond to your questions and provide first-hand information.
Want to be better prepared at navigating your way through the college selection process? Come to a NYSWYSA College Recruiting Seminar near you. To register please visit us at www.nyswysa.org.
If your town or club is interested in hosting a college recruiting seminar or you need further information on any of the listed seminars please contact Dean Foti, NYSWYSA Technical Director at email@example.com .