RECREATIONAL SOCCER DIRECTOR
BOARD OF DIRECTORS - APPOINTMENT
New York State West Youth Soccer Association
BOARD OF DIRECTORS VACANCY
Director of Recreational Soccer
The Recreation Director (RD) will hold a 2 year appointed position on the NYSWYSA Board of Directors. The RD actively participates in monthly NYSWYSA board conference calls. The RD is a visible board member within the NYSWYSA recreation community:
- The RD shall represent the interests of Recreation Soccer in all NYSWYSA matters.
- The RD shall uphold the NYSWYSA core values of improving the quality and impact of recreation soccer in NYSW and helping all member clubs advance recreation soccer.
- The RD shall foster policy as it relates to maintaining existing NYSWYSA programming and creating new programming.
- The RD shall attend recreation league and club meetings to create awareness of NYSWYSA affordable and flexible services, programming and resources.
- The RD shall work closely with the NYSWYSA Technical Director, Assistant Technical Director and Director of Coaching Education to maximize their professional expertise in all recreation soccer matters.
- The RD shall work closely with the Executive Director and NYSWYSA office staff to maximize their professional expertise in all recreation soccer matters (budgeting, marketing, advertisement of events, website, etc.)
- The RD should have a working knowledge of the following as they relate to recreation soccer in general and current NYSWYSA programming:
- Education programs and instructors; For coaches, For parents, For referees
- Resources available to assist with program development & implementation
- Strategies to promote watching soccer games (parents and players)
- Programs to celebrate recreational play (festivals, 3v3 days, skills days, etc.) Fun for all (players, parents, facilitators)
- Working Knowledge of the USSF "Best Practice for Youth Soccer" and how they apply to Recreation Soccer.
- "How-to" education strategies to enable volunteer groups to ensure program sustainability
- Strategies to promote specially trained "coaches" to educate and train club directors & administrators
- Strategies to promote recreation program "experts" who are available in person to write program curriculum documentation for local recreation programs
- Strategies for offering programs that are affordable for all recreation players
Send your letter of interest and resume to Amy Gush, NYSWYSA Executive Director, at email@example.com by March 15, 2016.
Any person who is an officer, director, voting member of a club, or who receives remuneration for services (except as a coach or a referee) from a member club or an affiliated league, is ineligible to serve on the BOD. --
NYSWYSA ByLaws, Article IV, 1.1