The most often asked question is: Can players be on a Cup roster and use a secondary player pass? The answer is NO. All players on Cup rosters must carry and present a primary player pass from the club they are playing Cup with. Players must be rostered to a team for purposes of league play in order to be qualified as a primary player. Please see NYSW Championship policy - Rule 7203, Section 3, item (2)
- Final 4 seeding reverts back to age division 2021 Final Four standings and roster continuity from the 2021 team (See Rule 7202)
- Tournament fee payment by credit card only
- No team will be accepted after the registration deadline
- Playdown Matches will be a self-schedule format following a specified timeline
- Final Four will return to a Round Robin format
- Teams are NOT permitted to exceed Cup roster sizes. (see Rule 7203)
- Roster Continuity Change: All Cup rosters must maintain 8 players (12U) and 11 players (13U-19U) common to the qualifying League roster. League and Cup rosters are compared for continuity.
- See the US Youth Soccer NYSW Championships Policy for specific rostering rules and requirements.
- Cup rosters must be composed of majority of players residing in the geographic boundaries of New York State West. (see table in Rule 7203)
- Cup rosters must be composed of majority of players born in the age group in which the team is competing.
- Red carded players permitted to remain on bench with provisions (See Rule 7209 Section 3)
- US Youth Soccer NYSW Championships 2022 Policies/Rules
- US Youth Soccer NYSW Championships - Appendix A (Play Down Bracket Examples)
- US Youth Soccer East Region Championship Rules
- US Youth Soccer National Championships Policy 2021-2022
- US Youth Soccer National Championships - Club Pass vs Transfer Players
- COVID-19 Tournament Guidelines - TBD
- COVID Hold Harmless Waiver - required to be signed for all players and held by team. Will need to present at check-in during Final Four weekend.
- Medical Form - required to be shown for each player at Final Four weekend.
- Code of Conduct Form - only required for teams that advance to the Final Four weekend. Please provide at check-in.
- Championship Series Commitment Form - only required for teams that advance to the Final Four weekend. Please provide at check-in.
2022 STATE CUP COMMITTEE
- State Cup Chair
- Executive Director
- Technical Director
- All District Commissioners
2022 REFEREE FEES FOR PLAYDOWN GAMES
Before the start of the match, each team shall make payment to the referee crew in the amount stated below. It is up to the referees to split the fees amongst themselves according to the table below.
|U12 - Both teams pay $52.00||$52.00||$26.00|
|U13 - Both teams pay $62.00||$62.00||$31.00|
|U14 - Both teams pay $62.00||$62.00||$31.00|
|U15 - Both teams pay $76.00||$76.00||$38.00|
|U16 - Both teams pay $76.00||$76.00||$38.00|
|U17 - Both teams pay $86.00||$86.00||$43.00|
|U18 - Both teams pay $86.00||$86.00||$43.00|
2022 HOUSING AT FINAL FOUR WEEKEND
Housing for the Final Four in Cortland is being administered by NYSWYSA & Travel Desk. We have worked to provide a streamlined hotel booking experience for all teams attending the Final Four. In doing so part of this effort requires that all non-commuting teams are required to book their hotels through Travel Desk in order to participate in the event. Teams that are located within 60 miles of the event venue, considered commuting teams, are exempt from this policy. The Stay to Play hotel policy helps to ensure sufficient availability at quality hotels and the best available rates. Please do not call the hotels directly to reserve your block. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Rooms are not to be reserved until after you have qualified for the Final Four tournament.
Rooms will book up quickly! To view available hotel options, click HERE.
Teams who commit to using housing provided by NYSW and then do not use it or go outside our Cup housing system will be subject to a $750.00 penalty.