The US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup is designed for those teams seeking additional challenges to play against teams of similar abilities for a national title. The cup provides a progressive, competitive experience to teams that might not otherwise get the opportunity to participate in a series of unique experiences highlighting competition, camaraderie and community from the state to regional to national levels of US Youth Soccer.
Regional qualifiers, known as US Youth Soccer Regional Presidents Cup events, will determine the teams competing in the National President Cup and feature boys and girls teams in the Under-14 through Under-17 age groups. US Youth Soccer Region 1 tradionally holds the regional competition over the Memorial Day Weekend. Teams that win at the regional level advance to play for the national championship later in the summer.
What is President's Cup?
President's Cup was designed to create a mid-level competition for those looking to play against teams of similar abilities for a National Championship Title.
General Information & Eligibility #
The National Presidents Cup competitions shall be open to any team whose players are registered with US Youth Soccer through a State Association if the team is in compliance with ALL of the following requirements:
- The team must be comprised of properly registered and rostered youth players (as defined by US Youth Soccer).
- The team must be in good standing with its State Association and must be in compliance with, and has not violated any of the bylaws and policies of US Youth Soccer.
- In State Associations where player registrations are 30,000 or larger, during the immediately preceding seasonal year, teams who participate in the round of 16 or one of the top 16 teams in a State Cup or State Championships competitions, or participated in the National League or the most competitive division of the respective regional league, are NOT eligible to participate in the National Presidents Cup. - REV 12/14/2013
- In State Associations where player registration totals less than 30,000, during the immediately preceding seasonal year, each State Association may designate any team as their representative to the regional level of the National Presidents Cup.
- New York State West is a state of more than 30,000 registrants; therefore item #3 above applies.
New York State West uses the President's Division of the Thruway Soccer League to determine invitations to the President's Cup. NYSW teams that win the President’s Division will receive an invitation to represent NYSW in the following season’s US Youth Soccer Region 1 President’s Cup. Should a team elect to be the NYSW representative in President’s Cup, the team cannot enter into the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series (State Cup).
The following age groups are available for the President's Cup
- U-12 Boys and Girls (8v8 ONLY)
- U-13 Boys and Girls
- U-14 Boys and Girls
- U-15 Boys and Girls
- U-16 Boys and Girls
- U-17 Boys and Girls
On States that dual roster players, players are allowed to play on the President's Cup team and US Youth Soccer National Championships team, if the team playing in President's Cup declares for the President's Cup and not for the US Youth Soccer National Championships team.
Each club will provide a President's Cup roster with no more than fourteen (14) players on the U12 (8v8) age group. The U-13 through U-17 age group roster may have a maximum of twenty-two (22) players on their team roster and a maximum of eighteen (18) players on each game roster. State Associations must supply a roster reflecting the players registered for the State level event which the President's Cup Committee can use to determine compliance with the following:
- Roster will have a continuity that includes at least 65% plus 1 of the players who participated in the Regional Qualifiers for Presidents Cup. No player added to a team after the Regional competition is completed shall be rostered on a US Youth Soccer National Championships team.
- Rosters MUST be legible and signed by the State Association Registrar
- Players MUST be listed in alphabetical order, last name first.
- Jersey Numbers MUST be listed on roster.
- All players will have a uniquely numbered jersey that matches the roster.
- No team shall be allowed more than the 14/22 players on its roster (as defined above).
- Team bench personal [maximum of four(4) people] will have AND display on their person in a fashion that is easy to see on the lanyard provided the identification passes provided by US Youth Soccer President's Cup
Player/Coach Passes: Each player and team official listed on a team roster must carry the US Youth Soccer member pass with a current photograph of the player or team official and the appropriate official of the State Association and laminated prior to check-in.
NO PLAYER/COACHES PASS, NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTION