New York State West Youth Soccer Association has established a convenient on-line registration for risk management. When the information on these forms is COMPLETE, the individual can be screened through the established background check procedure. However, when an individual: does not wish to provide a social security number, may not be a citizen, or has another unique situation, NYSWYSA WILL ACCEPT AN FBI BACKGROUND CHECK.
1. Request a Fingerprint Card from:
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services
Attn: SDU, Mod D-2, 1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
2. Have a Full Set of Fingerprints taken by a Recognized Agency.
3. Fingerprints may be taken at local police department, or a private agency authorized to do so.
4. Applicants will need photo identification as well as other identification when fingerprints are taken.
*** FIND OUT WHAT IS NEEDED BEFORE YOUR GO ****
5. Send Fingerprints to FBI. There will be an additional fee, make sure it is included with your fingerprint card.
6. The FBI will return the background check and/or the fingerprint card to the applicant. (This may take 6 – 8 weeks.)
7. Send the original forms received from the FBI or have the FBI send them directly to:
Risk Management Committee
Corning, NY 14830
8. After the Risk Management Committee reviews the information, you will be notified about your status.