We owe our players what is best for them in terms of development and experiencing the joys of playing soccer. New York State West Youth Soccer Association provides coaching education courses through US Soccer’s Grassroots’ Licensing. We want to provide all clubs with qualified trainers for players from U6 to 13 and above. This pathway assures parents to have confidence in the coach who is training their children. Each license assists the coach to develop the following qualities:
- An understanding for the game
- A realistic, fun and game like approach to instruction
- A holistic approach to coaching
- A self-reflective and active learner
- A role model for players and parents
- A real, sincere interest in every player
US Soccer’s Grassroot’s coaching model is attaching accountability to the role of a coach much like parents have for teachers. If coaches within a club go through Grassroot’s Coaching Licenses, parents can be assured their son or daughter is receiving quality training. The courses are appropriate for the novice parent to players who played the game at high levels.